Creating a beautiful garden in the Colorado Rockies is challenging due to a very dry, short, growing season, and low temperatures.
At Mountain Roots, we strive to create and care for unique, natural, and sustainable high- altitude perennial and annual gardens in Summit County.
We have a passion to ensure that the plants, products, and practices we use have minimal effects on the environment. We want a greener and safer future for generations to come.
• Home or business interior greenscapes
• Houseplant design, installation, and maintenance
• Fresh cut arrangements weekly, biweekly, or monthly
• Special occasion plant decor including weddings, parties, and holidays
• Outdoor summer enhancements
“Until we started using Mountain Roots to help plan and maintain our large garden we were so overwhelmed that we were ready to give it up. Alyse and her staff have served us well…knowledgeable, reliable, responsive, and creative. We look forward to a long relationship with this outstanding landscaping company.”
“I was one of Mountain Roots initial clients when Alyse Piburn started her company in 2011. Gardening is difficult in Summit County and my large garden has improved tremendously with Alyse’s advise, plant selection, and hard work, whether I am in town or away. She weeds, plants, fertilizes, prunes; whatever I need. People to whom I’ve referred her thank me and say how pleased they are with her knowledge and skills. I appreciate Alyse’s loyalty as she goes out of her way to be available when I need her and her fees are reasonable.”
“Alyse has worked our property for the past three years. We had one particular challenge to soften the hard scape and she implemented a very creative solution. Over the years she expanded and nurtured our gardens and every year gets better as the plants mature and she adds to plantings. The key is to trust her and let her work her magic.”
A Colorado native, Mountain Roots owner Alyse Piburn comes from a long line of green thumbs. From the farms of Iowa of her great-grandparents, to the Boulder and Longmont residential gardens of her grandmothers, and finally, the small A-frame cabin outside of Rocky Mountain National Park where a passion began with her mother for mountain gardening.
Alyse returned to school where she received an Associates Degree in Horticulture in Fort Collins, Colorado. Her passion has focused on creating beautiful mountain gardens while considering the effects of her efforts on the future. Natural maintenance practices, and sustainability are extremely important to her. She also believes in giving back to the community where she feels so blessed to live.
• Respect and trust nature first and foremost, doing our best to mimic Mother Nature, and disturb her as little as possible.
• Contribute to the community by educating others and giving back to nature.
• Support local businesses and growers.
• Embrace new, diverse, opinions and ideas.
• You can relax. We use proven principles to create low-maintenance gardens. Leave the care and cultivation of the plants and soil to the experts at Mountain Roots so you can enjoy your garden while visiting your vacation home or resting after a busy work week.
• You can upgrade the look of your business or home you are trying to sell. The special- ized containers and pots offered by Mountain Roots are unique and planted for your specific situation. Also inquire about our interior greenscapes, which will enhance your environment all year long.
• You become “greener.” We value conser- vation of resources and consider “green” concepts in everything we do for our home owner and business customers. Mountain Roots would love to put the finishing touches on a project with perennial and annual plantings along with a customized mainten- ance plan.
If you need to schedule an appointment to discuss a
design, project, or maintenance plan, please email or
call during normal business hours.